One Day Course
This one day course is a CV preparation course for people who are returning to work after a break. It focuses specifically on the challenges that people have if they have not worked for a while or if they have gaps in their CV. At the end of the course, participants will have the tools and knowledge needed to create a high quality, focused CV and to know how to customise it as required to match a job description when applying for a job.
The course will cover:
- It will explain the purpose of a CV and how to make a CV that can showcase your skills and experience.
- It will show participants how to highlight their existing skills, attributes, experience and knowledge on their CV
- It will explore how previous experience and skills (competencies) can be transferred into new job areas.
- It will explain the importance of the Job Description and how to match existing competencies with job specifications
- It will explain how to customise a CV for the job being applied for
- It will provide tips on the wording and formatting of the CV
- It will show how to effectively use keywords on the CV